A week or so ago we discussed the possibility of me going home with the medics. (I mean discussed with the medics, not going home with the medics). We had a long and serious discussion with the registrar who made it clear that the decision was up to me. The ward seemed to be full of people who would go home if their homes were suitable for them in their condition. Our house was suitable, it just needed some equipment, Liz wanted me home, I wanted me home, so the decision was easy.